Before you attend interview it is very important that you have prepared properly. Preparation areas include:
- Documentation - unless requested otherwise, the only documentation you will need to bring is proof of your identity. This must be one form of photographic identification, and you should bring your passport where possible. If you do not hold a passport, then you should provide a photo-card driving licence. If you hold neither, please see the NHS employers website for further guidance. Your identification will be checked prior to the interview starting and if this does not meet the requirements you may not be interviewed.
- Structure, content and scoring framework for the interview - which can be found in the interview section of the website. There is nothing specific that needs to be prepared for the day, but familiarising yourself with the format and the areas covered will is advisable.
- Interview question preparation - although it is not really possible to 'revise' before the interview, it is always sensible to review your application form, experience and skills to date, achievements, etc. in advance, and to prepare yourself more generally as you would for any interview.
- Interview environment and technical requirements - all interviews will be held online and so it is important to ensure that you have the right technical set up and a good enviroment free from distraction. There is a declaration whcih you will sign up to when you apply that covers agreement around the technical requirements and your responsibilities. Things to consider include:
- Microphone and camera - check these are working and will present you to interviewers clearly. Consider the positon if the camera and microphine and test this with another person.
- Internet connectivity - as far as possible ensure your interview takes place somewhere with good and stable internet connection.
- Background - be aware of your background and avoid things whcih could be dsitracting - you could use the blur backgorund function.
- Environment - ensure your interview is in a well-lit and quiet place which will be free from interruptions.
- Probity - ensuring your application meets GMC Good Medical Practice guidelines - there is a separate tab in this section coveirng this area.